July 17, 2011

UFO


<Insert theme from "The Twilight Show">

But seriously, since you're just getting to know me, I wanted to share my unfinished objects pre-blog.


Abotanicity Sweater: In a lovely Sapphire Heather from Knit Picks. Knitting a sweater in sock-weight yarn, coupled with not getting any love from the original lace pattern has had this project on the needles for almost two years. The good news? I just need to finish the sleeves and re-work the neck.

30+  Neckers for Beavers: Simple really, but so repetitive.

A Felted Purse: Suspended when Chris (my husband), bought me this awesome messenger bag. Since it's gradually falling apart (sniff), this one will be coming back soon.

Winter Jacket:  Last fall I took a sewing class through Chinook Learning Services that showed you how to make a sloper. This fall continues with the second half of the course, namely how to design. I'm one of those people who tend to freeze in the winter, but really who doesn't when it get's down to -25 Celsius (-13 for you Americans)? And for many years I've failed in my quest to find a winter jacket that is warm and long and one who's zipper doesn't break in the first two weeks. So the solution is to make one. I've bought the fabric for this one, and I've got a pattern, but I'm waiting for more insight on design before I forge ahead.

Since most of my UFO's have been on the back burner for a while there may be more that come up as I find where I stashed them. Feel free to comment on which one you'd like to see finished first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...