July 23, 2011

Pizza in the Morning

I made pizza for brunch this morning before running off to work. I went with Jim Lahey's recipie for potato pizza as done by Smitten Kitchen. It was simple and tasty. I only let it rise once for a little over an hour, because that's the time I had, and I used a mixed bag of little potatoes because that's what I had. The purple potatoes really gave it a nice little hit of colour.
A few things if I did it again:
It could use just a little bit of cheese to hold it together. Maybe it was the smaller potatoes but everything just wanted to slide off.
It's also just a little bland. Maybe just the cheese would help, maybe a dollop of sour cream in the middle after baking (I'm Ukrainian! Sour cream goes on anything!), maybe a bit of sauce underneath. Just a little extra.
It's still tasty enough to pack for supper tonight and tomorrow though.
Because I was oh so smart and brought my camera to work with me, but not my cord to connect said camera to my computer, I'll post the pictures after I get home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...